Do you want to make a difference in our community?
Giving of your time and talents are valuable resources! Volunteering with YWCA is a wonderful way to contribute to the community in which you live and make a lasting impact on the lives of the people we serve. You’ll come away energized and inspired knowing you are working to eliminate racism and empower women.
Can you give 30 minutes of your time and talents to help our community? Our areas of greatest need are currently:
- Multilingual Storytime Readers – share your passion for reading with our kids by picking up your favorite children’s book and record yourself enacting the stories! The cheerful videos will be shared with our families. ** special interest in Spanish, Mandarin and Russian storytellers **
- Breast Screenings Translator: Creole speaker – we can help so many more women get the life-saving breast cancer screenings they need if we had the support of a fully bilingual English-Creole speaker to act as a translator for our calls. If in the Healthcare field, you can assist in going through an intake form to get patients to do their annual screening. Basic training will be provided.
- Remote Guest Speakers – we’re looking to engage our students and supporters on special topics to help empower them. If you’re an expert, you can lead focused discussions or educate audiences.
- Virtual Career Mentors – Our teens and Women in Tech need guidance and career advice, and your leadership would be instrumental in helping them learn more about your industry, what they need to know, how to interview, and other soft skills to help them succeed and advance professionally.
- Graphic Designers – are you creative, social-justice inclined, and willing to lend your craft to improve our flyers? We need help with making our copy & messaging stand out digitally and create flyers and program books.
- Video Editing – are you able to make short, engaging videos or clean up longer interview videos thru creative editing? We are looking for volunteers with strong video editing experience to help polish up our recordings so they can live on social media and on our website, and possibly also be used for our program participants.
- Research Volunteers – if you are a Grad student, we need support to do research projects on food deserts, open spaces/parks, facilities to exercise in, area crime rates, etc to help us determine community needs and impacts of resources.
- STEM Students/Clubs – We are looking for volunteers with a strong math background to help facilitate the curriculum provided. This volunteer project will commence in early September with the return of school.
- Youth Mentor Stories– In a 5 minute video, share your story of struggle and triumph to inspire kids in spite of the current situation.
- Academic Tutors – We are looking for people to be on call for specialized subjects like calculus, physics, economics, etc.
- Entrepreneur stories – In a 5 minute video, share your story of struggle and triumph of building your business to encourage entrepreneurs during these trying times.
- Business Consultants – We are looking for people to be on call to offer free advice to entrepreneurs in various areas of their business like marketing, website development, bookkeeping, incorporation, financial planning, etc.
- Women Tech Stories – In a 5 minute video, share your story of struggle and triumph breaking into the tech field. Please help normalize the feelings associated with imposter syndrome. These feelings can be overcome with your help.
- Social Media Ambassadors – Help us get the word out about the YWCA. Simply commit to sharing our content on LinkedIn, Youtube, Instagram, Twitter, and/or Facebook
- Health Advocate – Commit to calling 10 of your contacts with a YWCA-provided health fundraising script to help raise funds that directly go to breast and cervical cancer screening
Are you part of a corporate or community group looking for a volunteer activity?
We have short-term and group volunteer activities available as well!
To sign up for any of our virtual volunteer opportunities,
contact our Sr. Development Director, Angelica Ramcharran, at email@example.com
Volunteers play a key role in our work. The success of our programs would not be possible without you. Thank you for your interest in YWCA South Florida, we look forward to getting to know you!