YWCA South Florida encourages civic engagement. It’s your voice, your vote, your future.
Voting is critical to our mission of eliminating racism and empowering women. It is important that we support women, specifically women of color, in local and state elections. Electing officials who care about communities in the margins will help to secure a future that is safe, healthy, and filled with opportunities for our women and girls.
Between federal, state, and local elections, there are nearly 7,000 seats up for grabs across the country in this year’s Midterm elections on Tuesday, November 8, 2022. These elections will set the tone of the nation for years to come.
This is your voice. Your vote. Your future.
What Are We Voting On?
Information for South Florida Voters:
- Voter Registration Deadline: October 11, 2022
- Deadline to Request Ballot be Mailed: October 29, 2022
- Early Voting Period: October 24 – November 6, 2022
- Find an Early Voting Location:
- General Election Day: November 8, 2022
- Find Your Polling Place:
- Voters with Special Needs:
- Download our Voting Plan Checklist to create your plan for Election Day.
- Childcare for Voters: We’re teaming up with our friends at Politisit, a non-partisan non-profit organization, to make it easier for parents in Miami-Dade County to cast their ballots this election. The following polling site will have drop-in childcare available on Election Day: Palm Lakes Elementary (7450 W 16th Ave) from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. and can accommodate 30 children at a time.
Voter Assistance Hotline: Toll Free. 1.866.308.6739 (in English and Español), available Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., with extended hours on the day registration ends and on Election Day for the upcoming statewide elections.
If you are hearing or speech impaired, please contact the Division using the Florida Relay Service, 1.800.955.8771 (TDD), 1.800.955.8770 (Voice), or 1.877.955.8773 (Español). For more information visit the Florida Relay Service.
Resources for South Florida Voters