At YWCA South Florida, our work is as bold as our color, persimmon, and is fueled by optimism and a firm belief that women, of all colors, will always re-imagine ways to improve their lives and those of the people they love when given both access and opportunity.
Breast and cervical cancer screenings are a key component of our Family Wellness Program. We have had the honor of providing life-saving breast and cervical cancer screenings for over 20 years, as well as education and services for obesity prevention/reduction, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and stress management/reduction.
Breast and cervical cancer screenings can be costly for women in South Florida, of which 161,000 women ages 25-54 are living at or below the poverty line.
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted women the most:
- women have lost more jobs, resulting in lost wages and health insurance to support themselves or their families
- women have more responsibilities for childcare and are struggling to both provide for and educate their children
- women have the least support to survive these challenges
You can save the lives of these women that so urgently need your support by giving monthly to YWCA’s Pink to Persimmon campaign, in which your donations will fund preventative screenings throughout the year.
Every month, you can support at different giving levels:
- $25 to provide breast-cancer screening for one woman
- $50 to provide breast & cervical cancer screening for one woman
- $100 to provide mammogram of each breast for one woman
- $150 to provide advance diagnostic screening for a woman when a lump is detected
YWCA South Florida has helped over 3,000 survivors since our program’s inception, and with your monthly gift, we can change the lives of many more women from pink to persimmon.