- Cultural awareness and appreciation for diversity
- Understand local-global connections and challenges
- Understand what encompass social justice
- Discuss and model students’ roles (recognizing, having language, and acting upon unfairness)
YWCA South Florida Global Education Initiatives
- Afterschool programs
- Spotlight on our Diversity
- Community Education (Newsletter + Social Media)
- Summer Camp weekly activities
- Global Education Clubs
- Designed for Middle Schoolers (6th-9th graders)
- 45 minutes once a week
- 6-week sessions commitment
- Online or in-person format
The program has engaged students in
- The UN Global Sustainable Goals
- The value of multiculturalism
- How youth can tune in their passions to face global challenges
- Critical thinking and media literacy skills
By embedding global education into YWCA programming, our students are given opportunities to practice and hone skills that they can use within the context of their future academic and professional pursuits.
The Global Education initiative at YWCA aims to create a space to think critically about the relationship among all diverse people and their cultural awareness. Students in YWCA’s after school and summer camp programs experience Global Education weekly, practicing skills they can use within the context of their future academic and professional pursuits.
Being an informed and engaged member of the global community is important for humans of all ages, so we are introducing the Global Education Moment. Each month on the blog, we will share about our Global Education theme and provide resources and activities to practice.
YWCA South Florida’s Global Education Program is funded in part by The Children’s Trust. The Children’s Trust is a dedicated source of revenue established by voter referendum to improve the lives of children and families in Miami-Dade County. The program is also funded in part by United Way Miami as part of their mission to improve quality of life for all by bringing together people and resources committed to building a better community.